Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rhetorical situation Painting

I choose Firda Kahlo as my artist and her painting The Two Fridas. The purpose of the painting is to express Frida’s feelings about her divorce with muralist Diego Rivera. It shows basically two sides of her, with one being from her time with Diego due to a Locket in her hand, but the other I’m unsure of what the white dress Frida is to represent. The stance of Painting is to convene her feelings supposal of what she feels about the divorce and the inside and outside of herself. The Genre is that of a Self Portrait Painting due to her being the main subject in it, she seems to due mostly that kind of Genre in her paintings. The Design is oblivious a Painting that is done using oil paints and using a lot of symbolism in the painting as well with the hearts of the Fridas being visble to give meaning to the expression “wearing my heart on a Sleeve”. I Believe the intended audience of the painting is mainly for her herself so she can express her feelings through and never intend for it to be widely viewed.

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, this is probably one of her most popular paintings. In a weird sort of way, I like this eerie painting. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete